Voting

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

RIp Poker, Stripes, Thunder, Freckles ect.







It is always hard to deal with the loss of things which bring us joy in this life. As much work goes into our recent animals we have lost a few and I know we will continue to lose more. It is the circle of life and it is teaching us alot of new feelings and ways to handle those emotions.

I never thought chickens could bring so much fun and joy but they have! I have always been a cat lover and now currently we have 2 Mama cats and 8 babies. The pics of the boys here were taken right after we found our rooster dead. I feel it is important to let the boys get sad and cry and deal with the loss in their own way. Thayne is very sensitive and cried most of the day. We comforted him and said it is ok to be sad. After he let all his emotions out he went back to playing. I also tell the kids the animals are in a safe place where their is no pain. Where they can never experience death again and hopefully we will see them again someday. I also tell them to not dwell on the pain of the loss but to put that energy into the animals we still have. It has been hard at times and even I have to cry to let the emotions heal. We miss our animals but we are still currently joyful of the animals we still have :)

1 comment:

Powers Fam said...

Telling Julia about the loss of our kitty Tasha was just about the hardest day of my life. I didn't tell her right away hoping that she was just young enough to not notice that are kitty wasn't at home anymore. But one day she said she wanted to feed her and I just had to break the news to her. It was hard to find just the right words too. I pretty much said the same as you.