Voting

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Where There Is Danger, There Is A Space Ranger!

Mommy and Thayne making 48 cupcakes!


Aleah, Keynan and Lane chilling with their Lemonade.

Zach made a banner and I had to leave the gifts in the box because it was really windy.

Keynan having fun on the slip and slide!!





 While my niece Riley was climbing on a tree this little bat fell out of it.

Daddy Space Ranger rescuing the bat!

We then noticed the bat had two babies attached to her.

All the kids admiring the bat!

Notice her eyes are closed. Bats are nocturnal and we knew she was light sensitive.

The bat and her baby.

We found a dead tree to put the Momma bat and babies back into we are hoping they survived!


I had some left over color bubbles so the kids painted themselves and us adults with them.


Zach and his new Smoker BBQ!

Zach and our buddy Ryan. Zach and Ryan went fishing after the party for Father's Day. Zach caught about 5 catfish that he let go.

Katelyn( one of Ryan's oldest girls) with a water balloon and bubble paint.

Candy(our neighbor) showing off her painted leg.

Kari painting Blake's face. (Ryan and Krissie's oldest girl and boy)

Lane (Ryan and Krissie's youngest boy)

Lane showing off his painted face!

Hailie(our neighbor) and her painted arms.

Faith (our next door neighbor)

I asked Faith to do the vogue pose!

Kari painting my leg.

Water balloon fight!



The cake that was suppose to be a rocket ship but we ran out of time. The rocket ship candle(that Aunt Tiff got Keynan) was a good replacement.





The wind wouldn't allow the candle to stay lite so we just had to pretend!

I forgot to get a pic of all the decorated cupcakes but here are a few that I captured towards the end.

Big brothers helping K open his gifts.


Zach and his siblings.

Zach, Tiff, Mike and Paulette

The shoes I got my little man.


Zach is more excited about this gift then Keynan was. Well maybe because Zach knew what it was under the wrapping!








Buzz Light Year Toy!


Seriously, now it is time to untie twenty twisty things to get buzz out of the package!









    We had a Buzz Light Year themed party  for Keynan on Father's Day weekend this year.  Keynan loves buzz and watches all the Toy Story movies over and over again.   Once again I decided to make it simple and inexpensive.   The day was a pretty hot one so having water balloons and a slip and slide helped with the heat. I made  5 gallons of Lemonade, a big bowl of fruit(cantaloupe, pineapple, grapes) which was really yummy together. We also did hot dogs and grilled zucchini(from our garden!) on the grill.  I made the cake and a whole bunch of cupcakes!  I was able to borrow the slip and slides from our friends. I also found some rare coupons for the fruit and hot dogs so it was the most affordable party yet! We also decorated the table with colorings the kids did the week before.

Zach got a new BBQ( a smoker) for Father's Day and his birthday. The BBQ is pretty cool because we can use just wood and it cooks the food with the smoke. The taste of smoked food on the BBQ vs. charcoal is inevitably different. We have a lot of oak tree's that we have cut down so we have plenty of wood to use for the Que!  We are all glad we can have smoked food on the grill, we sure did miss having a grill!

All in all it was a really fun day and I didn't pull my hair out once! lol


3 comments:

Diane's Photography said...

That looked like a fun fun birthday!!! I love watching your family grow, they're darling! You are an awesome Mom Randa!!! Tell Zach, I like the bear he is sporting!
love ya doll

Diane's Photography said...

I meant beard Zach is sporting...sometime the keyboard keys don't work for me haahaa!

Mary said...

Love, love, love your posts and all of the great pics...man, sure do miss you! xoxo