Voting

Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Little Piece Of Heaven!!

I love gardening so much!!!  I love it so much I look forward to getting down and dirty in it!!  I mentioned before that I water my garden by hand or to be specific by hose. I really don't like getting the leaves wet that often so I spend more time articulating that. It has become a 4 hour feet some days. I am an early riser(even though I love sleeping in sometimes) so I get up with the sun and I water . I also wait until the sun is almost setting before I go and water again. Usually the kids are asleep in the morning and getting ready for bed in the evening. I guess you could say it is my me time. I enjoy the peace and quiet and the stillness and sounds of nature. As I water I weed and I fix the dirt around the root.  I also have been battling the heat and the immense drought we have been having here in Texas, which has caused some plants to just dissipate.


 We finally got some more rain last night and I had just finished planting more squash, beans and zucchini. It was no surprise finding the seedlings sprouted after the long night down pour. Zach caught me in the garden one morning doing my thing.  I really enjoy it even though it is a lot of hard work but fun work in my opinion!


The garden and I about two weeks ago! 6/5



You can lose yourself out here in the moment of now!

My garden before the trellises.

8 rows of corn.


Fresh Zucchini! Yummy!

Hot Banana Pepper

Basil(attracts huge Bumble Bee's)

I got to pick a few radishes last week.

Onions, Radishes and Peas( The Pea's unfortunately might not out live the heat)
 
I love the purple flowers on  this eggplant!

There are about 5 more egg plant sprouting off since I took this pick last Sunday.

Cucumbers which I plan on making a bunch of pickles with(if they out live the heat as well).

5 new rows of corn planted the first week of June.

Corn planted in April with the bean sprouts growing up the middle( I will be posting a post on the 3 sister method and also complimentary planting soon).

Butternut Squash

Zach got me some trellises for my Pumpkin, Watermelon and Cantaloupe plants.

I also have 9 Zucchini plants underneath the pumpkin plants they are hard to see now that the garden is really taking off. Also growing here broccoli,romaine lettuce, carrots. Garden current pic taken 6/19    

2 comments:

Powers Fam said...

You garden is absolutely beautiful! It's hard to believe that you just had two boxes on your patio just a short time ago. There is a relish that I like called Chow-Chow. Basically it uses up all the leftover from your garden at the end of the season. I can eat it straight out of the jar but I also like sauerkraut. :)

Diane's Photography said...

Randa darling, I am in AWE of your beautiful garden!!! you have a touch not everyone has. you are going to have some good eatin' there! I love the photos, just made me want to give you a great big hug!