Voting

Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Another One Bites the Dust"

We decided on Sunday that the new puppies we got were not working out.  We were going to take them into the shelter this weekend. As much as I didn't want to, I knew it was the best decision.  We got the dogs to help herd the chickens. Unfortunatly, trying to train a mut is proving some what impossible. The dogs would not come to us and there were numerous incidents that we made the call that we would give them away.
At 2:00 a.m. this morning  I awoke in a panic hearing the water running.  I  had double checked the hose twice last night after watering the garden but I went out to check again.  Our house is on stilts(or bricks) and one of the problems we kept having with the dogs was that they both were digging and going under the house. Well we waited to long and that water sound happened to be the main water line to our house broken and gushing water. I'm crossing my fingers that the problem isn't a huge one to fix. Until then we are without running water and I had Zach take the dogs this morning. Once again a lesson learned about following my gut.. Do not wait 5 days after your guts says something, you might be a little to late!

No comments: