Voting

Friday, August 12, 2011

Swimming

 A few weeks ago we packed up the car filled up the ice chest and headed to the Aquatic Center in Huntsville.  It was an over cast day so we beat the scorching sunshine. They allow you to go in and out of the recreational area.  After a few hours of swimming we had a picnic outside the gates. The aquatic center was located next to a huge park so we rolled out the ice chest and sat at one of the picnic tables to eat. The kids could hardly wait to get back inside to go swimming so our picnic didn't last long.

We also met up with Tiffany and the kids and we enjoyed watching the kids play all day. We thought we would be there for a few hours. We ended up staying until closing and we were there for a total of 10 hours. Our boys enjoyed the slide the whole time. One life guard decided to tell us that the boys were not tall enough. Even though the life guard before had let them slide for over an hour. The boys got really bummed and made a huge stink over it. I thought from that point we would be leaving soon. All they could think about was that darn slide.  I told them the next time the life guard switches to check back. Sure enough the new life guard let them ride on it. I'm not sure what the deal was but their  chin had to be over the bar not touching. I think it was not even a half inch for their chin to be completely over the bar.  Kudos' to the other life guards that didn't make such a stink.

I was really excited to go  swimming, it was my first time all summer. We miss it so much. We use to go to the aquatic center in Lompochttp://www.cityoflompoc.com/parks_rec/AquaticCenter.htm  which is by far the best one I have ever been to.

 I guess they don't need it indoors here in Texas it is plenty hot!










This is not the first time I've been told to shut down my camera.  I remember almost crying last baseball season when they said I could not photograph my boys playing baseball. Actually I think I did cry because all the parents were staring at me like I was a weirdo. Well I am a weirdo I love photographing my sons.   You can be assured I went to the Five Cities Baseball League and protested my civil liberties. at the end of the season I got an apology by the Chair head. He assured me that no future Parents or myself will be told they can not photograph or video. There is a waver you must sign though. Mind you last year I had the waiver signed before and still got told to shut down my equipment. 

  I guess it is against the Aquatic policy's to video or take pictures. Maybe someone could get electrocuted ha,ha.  I noticed a Dad taking a picture of his son swimming with out floaties for the first time. The Dad was so excited so he pulled out his phone to take a few pics. These pics and video are from my phone as well..  Guess I have to get use to all these policies. Soon I won't be able to pick my nose without the state telling me when to do so!  I was nice when the life guard told me to put the video away..(its not her fault). I still got most of the kids going down the slide. Silas was a little timid at first but after we all cheered him on he went down!

No comments: