Voting

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

New House and New Beginnings



We are finally getting settled into the new house. We still have got a long way to go before we are comfortable but we are fixin to get there. Yes, I used the word fixin and that means here in Texas about to or getting ready to how ever you want to put it!

Last July my Father passed away from a heart attack. We were currently at that time looking into buying a house for cash outright. My take on it was if you are going to live in the white trash ghetto(maybe that is a little harsh but we have seen some crazy shizzle around these parts) sticks of Texas you might as well do the best you can. Houses around here go for pretty cheap especially because of the foreclosures. Let me tell you they are not the ritz and well I had to except that long ago. When we first moved here we thought we were getting a steal on the house. Well we soon realized the big scam we had fell into and quickly started to search for a way out.  So with the money my Dad had left me the money in savings and the money that my Mom let us borrow we got this house for cash. $28,500 to be exact. The house is small but was completely remolded inside and it was certainly a step up from the house we were originally living in and fixing up. It also sits on 3 acres and is out of the flood zone, glory, glory hallelujah !   The decision came to stay here to ensure that I could continue to stay home full time with the boys. I never realized how hard it would be giving up my income.  My husband calls me his sugar Mama, one thing I was good at was making money. Well that sugar went dry moving out here and it has been a huge struggle on one income. So we decided to plant our roots here, dig our feet in and get a little more dirty!
 
 Did I mention we live in the ghetto? Yes, just last week our new neighbors dog pooped on the kids slide. For real what dog does that? Of course our neighbor got told that we would shoot his dog if we seen it again on our property. Zach and I make friends very quickly around these parts ha,ha.The other neighbor across the way accused us of stealing their goat and their rooster...People please, I got better things to do, well let's hope I do ha,ha.  I'm hoping to have more ridiculousness to share in the future but for now here are some pics of the new place!

                                 The new garden beds in progress
   We have sand soil instead of clay so Mom has had to adapt to the new soil the kids enjoy playing in the sand though!
 And here she is 1200 sft of pure awesomeness or ghettoness depending on the day, haha
                                    Keynan helping Dad with garden beds.
Owning 3 acres is great but it is a lot to maintain. Luckily we have strong boys who help  us with the chores around the house and yard!
                            Thayne looking like Mr. cool on the riding mower



                                 The garden plot before the beds were put in.

No comments: