Voting

Friday, June 10, 2011

Catching Wild Red Cardinals!




Thayne with a red cardinal and once again with no shirt!



Are you surprised no shirt, ha,ha!



All the boys letting the bird go free!




Ayden proud to have caught a female Cardinal

  We have many beautiful birds here in Bedias. To name a few are  Cardinals, Blue Jays, Wood Peckers and more. I have captured a few with my camera but these animals know when the camera is pointed at them. I find it to be the most fascinating  thing to observe.  I have really become passionate about photographing wild life but I have come to the conclusion that it is a bit challenging.  I will be holding my camera from 300 ft away and deer, birds and even insects notice I am there.  One of the hardest birds to photograph has been the cardinal because it is so fast. My boys are pretty fast themselves and they have figured out a way to catch these beautiful birds.  They have set up the chicken coop with live bait and they catch a few during the week.

  Above are the  shots of some of these amazing birds. In the process the boys have learned that the pretty red ones are the male birds and the camo ones are the female.. What an amazing order nature has and what a blessing to be surrounded and immersed by it's goodness.

1 comment:

Diane's Photography said...

your boys are darling! Catching birds isn't easy! your photos are great Randa, I always enjoy them. Miss you girl but looks like nature fits you well.
love you