Voting

Friday, June 10, 2011

A Day At Lake Huntsville!

Uncle Mike with the kids and their cousins.

The friendly Squirl that did not care when I was photographing him or her.

Aunt Paulette and Uncle Mike with Ayden.


It was a beautiful day!
  This last weekend we had to spray for all the pesky bugs we get out here in Texas. Scorpions and large brown recluse spiders are not my friends!  When we first moved here I was so spooked to go outside at night because I would walk right into cobb webs. I also would not go any where outside without shoes. These days I don't even jump at the site of scorpions or brown recluse spiders and I walk around barefoot even at night. I just grab a shoe and smash the spiders. I like to pick the scorpions up by the tail and toss it to the chickens. There is so much satisfaction watching our chickens rip apart a scorpion.  Our family decided to spray that day too. So while the the spray was drying we met up at the lake. 

 We needed a day out of the house and the boys were so excited to learn that they could go swimming. Swimming was a big part of our lives back home, so they were just ecstatic.  I didn't take to many pics but here are a few. We plan on getting a season pass so we can camp and swim all summer here.

1 comment:

Diane's Photography said...

Randa, living in Texas is right up your ally isn't it! I laugh at your posts, you are so funny! having boys will does help out in the bug department but golly, you are just plain brave girl! I sure love reading your blog, what an awesome family you have. Tell hubby hello for me! hugs and kisses oxoxox