Voting

Friday, June 3, 2011

Trampoline instead of Baseball.

I have to admit I was super excited to receive our trampoline from the  UPS guy named Jeff.  I never thought I would be chatting it up with the UPS man but we've become good acquaintances over the last few months. I guess a new perk living out in the middle of no where.  I will tell you more about Jeff in another post.

   The kids and I have been home bound for the last 11 months. I get out into civilization to grocery shop(once a month) and we have done occasional birthday parties with friends and family to get the kids out. We are mostly at home  tending to the animals and the yard.  We no longer have two cars and the car we have is an old clunker so we only drive it when we have to (which means Zach drives it to work and back).

 The kids really loved doing baseball last season. Since we are still in transistion from the big move, we bought them a trampoline instead of signing them up to play baseball.  I still have all my baseball gear from when I played so we still practice and play. We hope to do sports next year but if we don't, we have learned to entertain ourselves here at home. 

The trampoline has been a big hit and both Ayden and Thayne are already doing front and back flips. I captured some great video but of course the video's are 4 min. long and won't fit on here. I will try to get some more but here are some pictures in the meantime. 

Ayden mastered a back and front flip within two weeks of getting the trampoline.


Here Ayden is landing a back flip!


My no fear kid!

Ayden doing a front flip!







Thayne has now mastered the flipping within a few months and he loves practicing his hand stands!




Keynan loves to bounce too. I love having the safety net because when I was a kid there was no such thing!


2 comments:

Powers Fam said...

Those are some amazing shots of amazing flips!! Santa brought a trampoline this last Christmas. Best purchase we have, I mean Santa, has made yet! Have you tried throwing a sprinkler under it? Also, I saw a kid made water park out of PVC pipe hooked up to a water hose. Just drill a few holes into pipe and the kids design the combo using different connectors. I think I saw it through familyfun.com.

Andersons and sons said...

I got your link, thanks. A very cool idea! I can't wait to try it!